Particularly, most users do not know how to sign up outlook account using Gmail account. This is a process by choice for any user who wants to access the Microsoft platform but owns a Gmail account. On this article I am going to show you simple steps on how to sign up outlook account using Gmail.
Easy Steps to Follow to Add Gmail Account to Outlook
- Go straight to your Outlook account using the URL outlook.live.com.
- Sign in to your outlook account.
- Select the File caption at the top left corner.
- Then click on Add Account.
- Input your email address and click on the Connect
- Automatically, outlook will then open a window asking you for your password. Select the Sign in caption
Therefore, after clicking the sign in caption you will then have access to connect to your Gmail account. When you are through with all the processes then you can click on Done.
Note: Immediately, you connect the account you will receive a message in your Gmail account telling you about the new setup.
2-Step Authentication for Gmail Account
Basically, this section is for people who enabled the 2-step authentication on their Google account. However, if you are one of such persons then you need to follow these steps to finalize your account set up.
- For the verification process a code will be sent to your mobile phone e.g. G-3****8 input the code on the space provided for you then click on Done.
- A Google account window will then appear to give you permission, Just click on the Allow
- However, once outlook has finish the adding process then click on Done. More so, after clicking on it all the process is then complete.
This is just the simple way to go about achieving the adding process with your Google account.
Can I Sign up Microsoft Account with Gmail?
How to Create an Outlook Account
Creating an Outlook account is simple. More so, you can quickly do this with your mobile phone or computer. Below is a quick guidelines to that
- Firstly, select Outlook caption, then proceed to Preferences.
- After that click on Account.
- Therefore, click on the plus (+) sign.
- Then press the New Account caption.
- Next type your email address and then click on continue.
- Type in a secure password.
- Then click on Add Account.
After this process, you have successfully create your account and can add any email account to it just as mention above.
Outlook Email Free to Use
Yes Outlook.com is a free email service for all online email users. However, anyone in need of email services can go to www.outlook.com and sign up for a free email account.
In previous times, we all know hotmail services, however Hotmail.com is now OutlookLive.com. Therefore, you can use Outlook.com if your email address is on the @outlook.com platform. Also, if you see @msn.com, or @live.com, all are under outlook email services.
Is Outlook Email the Same as Gmail?
Online users do ask what is the difference between Outlook & Gmail? Well both Outlook and Gmail are online email services. Therefore, this providers both have completely different formats.
Basically, the biggest difference between the two email service is that Outlook is an email client. Then Gmail is essentially webmail. Therefore, you can access both on web browser or their official app. Also, gmail offers its users 15GB of storage while Outllok.com offers 15GB. Although, Microsoft 365 subscribers gets 50GB of storage.