Basically, we must be very security conscious in whatever we do in this present dispensation. More so, with the upsurge increase in hacker and scammer online one needs to be very alert of any online activities. This is the reason you need to know how to prevent your WhatsApp from hackers and scammers online.
Particularly, so many people have fall victim of this scammer or hackers online. I don’t know most people seeing the article may have come in contact with this scammer online in one way or the other. However, most social media platform are frequently beefing up their security majors in other to combat this hacker and scammers.
Today, we are going to be looking at How to Prevent Your WhatsApp from Hackers and Scammers. This process is very easy to achieve as you can carry it out all by yourself without no help or assistance. Therefore, without wasting much time let us dive into the process or steps to achieve this.
Steps on How to secure your account from Hackers and scammers – WhatsApp Verification Process
Basically, these steps below will guide you through the process to secure your WhatsApp account from scammer and hackers. Besides, you must have an internet connection to access this process.
- Open your WhatsApp on your mobile phone.
- Click on the three dotted icon at the top right corner of your screen.
- Furthermore, a drop down list will show up. Locate the Setting on the last line of the list and click on it.
- Therefore, your WhatsApp setting page will then come up. Click on the Account caption with a key like icon.
- Another page will appear where you will see a Two-step Verification icon click on it.
- Therefore, the next page will appear were you will see some little information about the two-step verification process. Hit on the Enable caption which is right at the bottom of the screen.
- Next, the process will require you to input a 6 digit pin to secure your WhatsApp account. Therefore, choose a secret pin only you know and can remember then click on the Next caption.
Note: When you finish filling the pin and you click on next, it will ask you to re-enter the pin again for clarification. Please ensure to re-enter the exact pin you first use to continue the process.
- Furthermore, you will need to add your email address. Therefore, this is essential as you can use through your email address to reset your pin in case you forget it. Also, you will have to input the email address twice for clarification as well.
- After filling in your email again click on the Save caption seen below.
Therefore, the system will reload to save your details. Then you see a message that Two-step verification is enabled. After this just click on Done and your account will then be save from hackers and scammers.
WhatsApp Security Tips
- Deceptive calls from Hackers or Scammers
One you have successfully secures your WhatsApp account with you pin code you have to keep it secret. However, on no account should you give out your pin to anyone. More so, no WhatsApp staff or Facebook staff will request for your pin in other to help you with anything. This one method or style this hackers use to get you pin in other to hack your account and scam you.
Therefore, if you receive a call asking you to give your WhatsApp pin do not give it out because that person is a hacker or a scammer.
- Deceptive Messages and links on WhatsApp Groups
Another way that these hackers use is sending you series of messages and links for you to click on. However, this type of messages is usually sent in WhatsApp groups. Therefore, you have to mind the groups you accept to join. Also, if anyone add you up on any group you don’t know Exit and delete the group from your group list.