Google Local Business is a vital feature on Google.com. However, let me ask, do you have a business that runs nationwide? Do you sell goods and provide services to a local population? If yes, are you need to be on the online local business listing. If no, this your time to come online.
Therefore, you can become visible in the internet world. More so, that your customers can get to know your business profile, location using the Google local business account on Google map.
Google Local Business
Google local business is a feature that gives its users the authority to provide information about their Google business location. Also, products and services online to their customers.
However, it does not matter how large or small your business may be, or how many branches it has, you can still have a Google local business account.
Google My Business
Google My Business (GMB) is a free tool by Google.com that allows businesses to manage their online presence across Google. Therefore, this includes Search and Maps on the platform.
Furthermore, by creating and verifying the listing for your business on Google my business, you can provide accurate info about your business online. Also, input your hours of operation, phone number, website, and address, to your potential customers.
Basically, this information can as well help your customers find your business on Google Maps. More so, this is the case in local search results. Additionally, Google my business can assist you to improve the visibility of your website. This is done on the Google Search Engine Results Page(SERP) by optimizing your local SEO.
Precisely, with Google My Business, you can also reply to your customers reviews. Also, you can as well see how your listing is performing in terms of search views. Not only this, you can also see the click-through rates, and direction requests.
Benefits of Google My Business Account – Google Map
Having a local business account, you have a lot of things to benefit. Google has been a popular search engine brings users from around the world, so even your business been a local one can turn international. That is a big one, right? There is more to that:
- It guides customers to your business location via the Google map.
- It absolutely free
- It brings about strong relationship between you and customers.
- You get to have business insights on how many customers search for your business, their views and actions.
- You can use the Google analytic tool to know the statistics of your website and audience.
- You can post photos, hours at which you operate your location and more.
How to Create a Google Local Business Account – Google Places
Basically, creating an account on Google places your business to the limelight. However, it helps in pushing your business to the next level. Also, is something that won’t take much of your time at all. All you have to do is follow these steps below:
- Go to http://www.google.com/placesforbusiness/
- Click on “start now”
- Enter your personal business name and address in the search box.
- Therefore, if none of them matches your business, click on “none of these matches, add your business”
- Fill the necessary information provided.
- Click on “submit”
- Click on “mail me my code” so that you can be verified
Finally, congrats, you have finished creating an account for your local business making you visible in the online world.
How to Add Your Business to Google Maps
- Precisely, there are a few steps you can follow to add your business to Google Maps, below are the steps to achieve this process.
- Firstly, go to the Google My Business website https://www.google.com/business/ and click on the “Start now” button.
- Proceed to sign in with your Google account or better still create a new one if you don’t have one.
- Then search for your business to verify if it is already added to the Google Maps. More so, if it has, then you can claim the ownership of the listing. You can achieve this by following the prompts you see on the screen. However, if it is not listed, then you can add it by clicking on the “Add your business” caption on the screen.
- Furthermore, fill in the information they require you too fill about your business. Input your details such as your business name, address, phone number, and category. Therefore, you can as well add a description, photos. Also, you can put other information’s to help your customers learn more about your business.
- Next, click to verify your listing by choosing either email or phone call. Therefore, Google will send you a postcard or a code via your mobile phone to confirm if your address is accurate and correct.
- However, once your business is fully verified, you can then continue to manage it in (GMB). Also, you can make updates as you want, like adding photos, updating business hours, responding to reviews, and many more.
Note: In some cases, If your business already exists on Google.com, it can take a few days for you to make changes that will appear on Google Maps.