Facebook dating is the easiest way to to find your right date and perfect match online. Therefore, the process on how to activate Facebook dating online is easy and everyone above 18years can use it.
More so, you can access Facebook dating on www.facebook.com on your mobile phone and as well your computer system with any browser you want. Better still you can as well use the Facebook app to access the dating feature online.
About Facebook Dating
Facebook announced the product at their F8 developer conference in may 2018. Therefore, the feature was internal beta testing within several months. Facebook dating has been launched in Colombia in September 2018. Furthermore, lunching the second expansion in Canada and Thailand in October 2018.
However, the planning of Facebook dating is a feature within Facebook’s main app. Rather than a separate app release. Facebook users will create a separate Facebook dating profile. Also, after indicating interest in another profile.
The service would let the users contact each other, find secret crush. Therefore, Facebook also plans a feature to let people attending the same event. Also, make their profiles visible to each other.
How to Start Facebook Dating
- From your Facebook profile, click on the heart icon to enter the Facebook “dating home”.
- Right there, set up a dating profile on the profile page. Which your Facebook friends won’t be able to see.
- Fill in the dating profile form. However, your first name and age can be from your normal Facebook account.
- Although, in Facebook dating you will get to fill out a new profile with information. Like height, religion, job title. Also, interests and dating preference.
Furthermore, you can also add up to nine photos of yourself. Also, some icebreaker questions picked by Facebook. Such as `what does the perfect day look like? The idea is that when people match, users can discuss their responses to the icebreaker questions. Instead of saying `hey, xup?
Benefits of Facebook Dating
- Its easy to get started
- It works at your own pace
- You can pick whoever you want
- Users will find better matches
- You will meet people outside your social circle
- Most interactions will start with honesty
- You don’t have to wonder how to approach the other person
- You can take safety precautions before meeting
- It`s definitely cheaper
- Dating decreases alienation and stigma
- This dating platform improves Dating skills and prospect
- Fbook dating expands Dating and Social circle
Here, on this article is the vital things you need to know about Fbook dating. However, you can check other dating articles or features on the online dating section.
How to Activate Facebook Dating
- First, open the Facebook app.
- Then tap on the Menu icon (three lines) in the upper or lower-right corner in your Facebook account.
- Next, tap on Dating.
- Click the Get Started caption to continue.
- After you share your location and choose a photo, your dating profile will be generated using information from your Facebook account.
Facebook Profile and Groups of Interest and Events
Browse events nearby and groups that interest you. unlock the physical world event you would like to attend. Therefore, you can share your profile with other people going to that event. Also, you`d be able to see who`s attending and browse their profiles. You can start a private conversation if you find someone of interest .
Note: the conversations will be text only, for safety purposes. And dating chats will remain separate from your messenger messaging box and WhatsApp.
Who can use it?
Particularly, any one who has a Facebook profile over the age of 18 can use Facebook dating’s. This simply means you most be over 18 years of age to use this feature.
How Facebook Dating Match People
The platform uses the information you provide during registration, Facebook` algorithms to work. The platform will suggest potential matches. Depending on your dream dating preferences, as well as mutual friends.
Though there is a restriction to peoples location less than 100 kilometers away from you. You can choose to only match with people who live nearby. Also, those who have children, or fit into a specific age bracket. That is if that’s what you are looking for.
No Swiping How Facebook Dating Works
Therefore, there is no swiping in Facebook dating, so here is how it works. Instead, you click “Not interested” when looking at potential matching on the app. According to Zuckerberg the platform is about: “building real, long-term relationships, not just hook-ups”.
The most intriguing thing about this is, you won’t see anyone you are already friends with on Facebook. Also, the people you block will not show on the platform, when Facebook serve matches up. Therefore, there is no need to worry or nervous about your Fbook friends seeing your new dating profile.
Particularly, because everything you do within the dating feature will not be shown to your friends. Also, receive and sent messages will be kept in separate inbox, away from Facebook messenger.
However, once you match with someone and want to start chatting to them, you have to exchange phone numbers. Better still, switch to a different app. If you want to swap things like photos or news articles. This is for security reason.