Do you know you can study for free in the UK and get paid? Yes you heard me right. This is possible with the commonwealth UK scholarship program. Precisely, so many Africans are wanting to Jakpa out of their country for a better life or good education in the UK or USA. Therefore, they are looking an easy way to achieve this with less spending.
However, I am going to be showing you an easy route you can take to enter into the UK all for free. Furthermore, yo should understand that this route is fully on education and on scholarship.
More so, it is fully funded and they will be paying you a monthly allowance. I know what you are thing right now, you are saying its a scam or this cannot be true. Just relax and let dive in to the main event.
Commonwealth UK Scholarship
Basically, this scholarship program i am talking about is the commonwealth UK scholarship. It is a highly prestigious scholarship and its fully funded by the UK foreign, commonwealth and development Office (FCDO) . Hmmm UK government wen sabi better thing.
Furthermore, each year the UK foreign, commonwealth and development Office (FCDO). They Do select more than 200 participants from all the commonwealth countries to partake in this program. Therefore, giving them access to study in the UK and even get monthly allowance.
Commonwealth UK Scholarship Financial Coverage for Applicants
- Approved Round Air fare tickets right from your home country to the UK. Also, a return ticket after you are through with the program.
- Fully approve free tuition fees.
- Living allowance in the rate of £1,347 per month or £1,652 every month for students at the universities around London metropolitan area.
- Also, a thesis grant towards the cost of preparing the thesis or dissertation.
- Furthermore, you will have a study travel grant during the cost of your study with the UK. Although, it most be study related travels.
- Lastly, child allowance of £61 every month or your first child. Also, £143 every month for your second and their child. Really interesting
Eligibility of Candidates Applying for the Scholarship
- You most be a Citizen of the UK or granted refugee status. Also, eligible commonwealth countries are eligible and persons protected by the British.
- More so, if you are a permanent resident in any commonwealth country.
- You should have a first degree of at least second class upper (2:1) honours standard. Also, a second-class degree in a relevant postgraduate qualification e.g. a Master’s degree.
- Basically, you most be available to start your academic studies in the UK when the program begins in the UK academic year September 2024.
- Lastly, like as I said before, no IELTS (English Language Test)
- You have to return back to your country after the 1 year of your master program and 3 years for PhD.
- Also, you must not undertake any paid employments while you’re on your scholarship without the CSC approving it in advance.
- Note that MBA courses is not accepted for this scholarship program.
- You can however bring your Dependents.
Full List of the 54 Commonwealth Countries
Below i will be showing you the full list of all the commonwealth countries so you can see if your country is among.
- United Kingdom
- Brunei Darussalem
- New Zealand
- Pan Commonwealth
- Papua New Guinea
- Saint Helena
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- Saint Lucia
- Sierra loene
- Solomon Islands
- The Gambia
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
Study for Free in the UK and Get Paid
A little spirit lifting again guys, you will be able to study for free with this scholarship program. Also, like as i said you will be paid a monthly allowance not only for you but also for your children as well.
This is amazing guys, and furthermore, you do not need IELTS as well to gain access to this program. Application to this scholarship program is free. Although, its strictly for Masters and PhD candidates looking to further their education.
- For Masters Degree Scholarship applicants is 1 year
- For PhD Degree Scholarship applicant is 3 years
The Deadline date for this application is October 17th, 2023
How to Apply for commonwealth UK scholarship
This is only way for you get into this scholarship program. Therefore, you have to go through this process yourself.
- First, your application needs to go through a nominating agency in your country. Therefore, you can look for any one and put your application through them.
- Note that the CSC portal do not accept direct application for this scholarships.
- After these you will need to submit you passport and other relevant documents to the authorities. e.g. your passport, ID card, Date of Birth, photographs and country of citizen. Also, your transcripts.
- Submit your recommendation later from at least two individuals.
You need to apply in two places
- First Nominating Agencies
National nominating agencies: https://cscuk.fcdo.gov.uk/national-nominating-agaencies/
Selected non-governmental organizations & charitable bodies: https://cscuk.fcdo.gov.uk/ngos
For Masters Scholarship: https://cscuk.fcdo.gov.uk/scholarships/commonwealth-masters-scholarships/
PhD Scholarship: https://cscuk.fcdo.gov.uk/scholarships/commonwealth-phd-scholarship-for-least-developed-countries-and-fragile-states/
Note: Agencies will pick candidates by December 2023 and candidates will get reply by July 2024.